Rotary Valves in High Temperature Applications – Very Little is Too Hot to Handle
- Our customer required a rotary valve that would handle Fly Ash on the output side of its process with a product temperature of 400°C.
- As heat radiates from the body, components in the motor and Rotospeed could be damaged, necessitating protection.
- To supply a rotary valve that would withstand high temperatures without damaging sensitive components.
- Starting with our standard cast iron Rotary Valve, we included modifications to protect components from the heat. The addition of an extended shaft and cowling protects the Rotospeed switch and a heat shield protects the motor. The valve was also equipped with other high temperature modifications, including ceramic gland packing, high temperature bearings and heat resistant paint.
- A valve capable of withstanding the high temperature that worked so well, the customer placed orders for several more.
Working in collaboration, creating tailored solutions, engineering hygienic and efficient equipment