Offset Rotary Valves Used to Reduce Degradation
- Our customer was looking for four rotary valves to handle plastic pellets in the their pneumatic conveying system.
- The plastic pellets are fragile and likely to shear in standard blowing seals, which are typically used in these conveying systems.
- To provide rotary valves that would effectively feed the pellets into the conveying line below it without damaging them.
- By using an offset rotary valve and adding a shear plate deflector, we could prevent the pockets from overfilling. This prevents product being caught in the pinch point, solving the shearing issue. To connect to the conveying line beneath the valve, a dropout box with a matching pipe diameter was fabricated to sit under the valve.
- A solution that mitigates product degradation whilst providing efficient feeding of the conveying line.
Working in collaboration, creating tailored solutions, engineering to improve efficiency.