- Our customer was conveying PVC powder using a standard rotary valve with dropout box configuration.
- The product is abrasive and dropout boxes were constantly being worn. Plant downtime was significant due to frequent maintenance inspections and work.
- To find a solution which would be more resistant to abrasion and still effectively introduce the product into their conveying line.
- Our Blowing Seals are perfect for or this kind of application, being fully cast iron with an integral conveying trough in the Body casting and blow port connections on each end cover. To add another layer of abrasion resistance, we Hard Chrome coated the valves internals and included a stainless-steel rotor with replaceable steel tips.
- This solution not only resolved the wear issue of conveying line entry but also reduced the amount of valuable site space required to do the job
Working in collaboration, creating tailored solutions, engineering process savings and efficiencies.