Improving Our Equipment to Meet Your Needs
Industry: Food Processing
- Our customer was looking to replace iris valves used on bag dischargers handling milk powder.
- They had bought a competitors valve which were not performing as required and were not robust enough for their application.
- To supply heavy-duty iris valves suitable for the demanding application.
- Our solution was two-fold, a new sleeve material was required and an improved housing. Working with a local textile company, we were able to specify a suitable material for the sleeves, that was both hard- wearing and met FDA approval.
- Our in-house design team also developed a thicker stainless steel housing to accommodate the sturdier sleeves.
- A valve that was both robust and hygienic. The design proved so successful that the client went on to order additional units.
Working in collaboration, creating tailored solutions, engineering to improve efficiency.